November 27, 2008

Food Coma

Thanksgiving is not an actual holiday here on St. Kitts. It hardly feels like a holiday at all because we haven't skipped a beat in school. Classes pushed on as we are all preparing for finals ahead. Next week the beatings commence. Instead of a single day of thanks, we have turned this holiday into a week of feasts. Tuesday was a dinner hosted by Banfield as corporate bribery scheme that was well worth the drive across town. Wednesday I made a point to not restrain my Nutella consumption. And today was an incredible pot luck that could not be beat. I believe my glandular stomach has actually remained fully distended for a total of 72 hours. This is truly a feat only surpassed by my award winning accomplishments on the Appalachian Trail. In fact, that was a favorite part of mine. Having the ability to consume and entire pizza without seriously challenging my cardiac sphincter is really something to be proud of in some social circles.

Oscar the foster pup has been adopted, YAY!! A Ross Grad saw him on the internet and a current student will be flying him to the states for Xmas. He has really become a great kid. I'm sure he will miss his partner in crime (Charlie) but you can't beat a forever home from Santa!

1 comment:

Sas said...

Mmmmm....Nutella. I found my super-size jar in Jen's cabinet this morning and did a little happy dance of joy. Seriously one of the best food groups around.